About The Position
DataRails is an Israeli based Fintech Startup in massive growth, and we're looking for a talented Backend Data Team Leader to join the team!
DataRails is a SaaS B2B solution that tackles one of the biggest challenges in financial departments: the overflowing amount of data that, up until now, was managed by tons of Excel sheets. All those financial reports, forecasts, expenses, analytics? DataRails takes all this data and integrates it into a one, simple, smart report. It consolidates the information, enables finance professionals to follow it, manage it, and create the ever-needed order within the realm of finances. It’s cloud-based, so nothing gets lost, it’s brilliant, so almost every feature can be added.
We are looking for a motivated Backend Data Team Leader with a strong track record in building B2B SaaS data products.
What You'll Do
The data layer of the DataRails application, provides flexible customized ETL processes for extracting data from different sources, manipulating it and storing it for smart analytics.
The data layer unique approach enables a non-technical customer to implicitly define complex data processes without any technical background.
The data layer includes complicated patented data extraction algorithms that can easily convert any unstructured spreadsheet data into a well defined table. An elastic data model is used for manipulating data in ways never seen in traditional ETL processes, providing a flexible yet powerful tool for the end user.
Working as a Data Team Leader you're going to lead the development of the Data Layer module, including:
- Leading and managing a team of 2-4 data engineers - Taking full responsibility for the team's plans, execution and quality.
- Taking ownership of data layer modules, including end to end development of features.
- Working closely with the product team in designing and planning new features.
- Build internal team processes for planning, execution and quality.
What We Need
- B.Sc in computer science or equivalent, M.Sc - advantage.
- At least 7 years of experience as a backend developer
- At least 3 years of experience as a team leader
- Fluent in python - at least 4 years of experience in Python
- Experience in designing and optimizing SQL queries. Experience in column-store databases - advantage.
- Experience in data related applications and ETL processes
- Experience in developing and implementing data-related algorithms - Advantage
- Background in SaaS / Cloud based companies
- Leadership skills
- Team player.
What We Offer
- We offer a supportive, agile and creative work environment with brilliant colleagues!
- Competitive compensation, ongoing recognition, and most of all, a chance to learn, contribute and develop your skills.
- Opportunity to join an explosive industry, a successful and growing organization, and an unmatched leadership team, passionate about their employees!
- Top-tier health, dental, & vision benefits, 401(k), unlimited PTO/vacation, and flexible WFH hybrid options
- Most of all we will give you fun, enthusiasm, support, a passion for healthy living, and never a dull moment!
We want to make sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. DataRails is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. DataRails’ policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.