About The Position
DaraRails is looking for a brilliant BackEnd Tech Lead/Architect to join our R&D team. We offer an amazing opportunity to join a well established startup in hyper-growth. You will lead the technological aspects of a complex, versatile product, that is slowly changing the game of financial solutions. We need you to lead the efforts to fully atomize.
DataRails is a B2B financial solution designed for SMEs that turns manual monthly and quarterly reporting processes into automated ones. Our clients are mostly based in North America, and we aim to keep expanding globally.
Our product is an Excel based SaaS platform, that serves financial departments in SMBs. It connects to all organizational systems including your ERP, CRM, HRIS, as well as complex Excel files, and consolidates all of this data in one cloud-based database. DataRails automates various financial transformations including FX conversions, eliminations, hierarchies, financial adjustments, and more, in a way that simplifies the work of the finance department a cost-effective way! We, essentially, help them save money while they manage money!
What You'll Do
The data layer of the DataRails application, provides flexible customized ETL processes for extracting data from different sources, manipulating it and storing it for smart analytics.
The data layer unique approach enables a non-technical customer to implicitly define complex data processes without any technical background.
The data layer includes complicated patented data extraction algorithms that can easily convert any unstructured spreadsheet data into a well defined table. An elastic data model is used for manipulating data in ways never seen in traditional ETL processes, providing a flexible yet powerful tool for the end user.
Working as a Data Engineer you're going to take a part in the development of the Data Layer module, including:
- Design and implementation of state of the art data extraction algorithms
- Development of a framework for building complex ETL pipelines.
- Design and development of scalable data models that can serve thousands of customers in parallel.
- Development of complicated analytic queries to be used by the end user.
What We Need
- B.Sc in computer science or equivalent, M.Sc - advantage.
- At least 7 years of experience as a backend developer
- Fluent in python - at least 4 years of experience in Python
- Experience in designing and optimizing SQL queries. Experience in column-store databases - advantage.
- Experience in data related applications and ETL processes
- Experience in developing and implementing data-related algorithms - Advantage
- Background in SaaS / Cloud based companies
- Team player
What We Offer
- We offer a supportive, agile and creative work environment with brilliant colleagues!
- Competitive compensation, ongoing recognition, and most of all, a chance to learn, contribute and develop your skills.
- Opportunity to join an explosive industry, a successful and growing organization, and an unmatched leadership team, passionate about their employees!
- Top-tier health, dental, & vision benefits, 401(k), unlimited PTO/vacation, and flexible WFH hybrid options
- Most of all we will give you fun, enthusiasm, support, a passion for healthy living, and never a dull moment!
We want to make sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. DataRails is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. DataRails’ policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.